It’s that time of year again to see who’s got the meanest mug in the Exchange District. Back by popular demand, Hot Beverage Week features an array of warm concoctions served up by the area’s best baristas and bartenders.
For one week only, savour these specialty drinks with co-workers and friends, then help us crown the best mug!
There are seven participating establishments this year – and it’s no coincidence that there are seven days in a week. You can find all the details, glamour shots, and full descriptions on our Hot Beverage Week page, along with how to vote!
While some, like Amsterdam Tea Room’s Liquid Gold and Alycia’s Hot Salty Turtle feature a tasty alcohol component, others like Parlour’s Good Merning Mocha and Forth’s Rosemary Ginger Latté are shareable with the under-18’s in your life. Go ahead – try them all!
So what are all the participants offering to warm you up as you hop through the Exchange District and work through your holiday shopping list?
- Across the Board Game Café aims to target the coldest of days with The Window Scraper, which features bacon-infused bourbon, espresso, maple syrup and butter.
- Comfort food favourite Alycia’s is all about taking it slow with their Hot Salty Turtle: coffee with Baileys Salted Caramel topped with whipped-cream and a drizzle of Butter Ripple Schnapps, and a tasty chocolate turtle on the side.
- Amsterdam Tea Room’s Liquid Gold is a heartwarming blend of Tumeric Green Tea, Bourbon, Almond Milk, and their own secret spice blend.
- Cordova Tapas & Wine brings us their Vanilla Limoncello Bergamot Latté, a London Fog-like warm-up with vanilla vodka and limoncello.
- Forth Café’s Rosemary Ginger Latté is an unashamedly seasonally themed espresso-based beverage with rosemary ginger syrup, steamed milk and topped with a snowy, dusted pizzelle.
- Miss Browns is pouring up a salty-sweet delight of Rimmed Praline, Baileys Salted Caramel, a double espresso shot, steamed milk and nutmeg with their Spiked Salted Praline Latté.
- Good Morning Mocha is Parlour Coffee’s tasty sing-song espresso-based entry with orange-ginger and steamed chocolate.