By McKim Communications Group
On January 11, 2017, McKim Communications Group announced it had acquired the naming rights to the historic building it has long called home in the Exchange District.
The agency unveiled the large vertical sign on Main St. in front of employees, friends and media to mark the name change from Crocus to The McKim Building.
“Renaming this historical site as The McKim Building is a new chapter for a building that has had a significant role in the story of downtown Winnipeg,” says McKim CEO and president, Peter George, referring to the building’s origins as the J. H. Ashdown Hardware Store, a major hardware retailer at the turn of last century.
McKim moved from River and Osborne to 211 Bannatyne Ave. in 2005 for the visibility and location at the center of Winnipeg’s growing creative, professional and business community in the Exchange. Hundreds and thousands of pedestrians, bikes and vehicles come into contact with the building every day, and the building’s proximity to many clients has been great for McKim.
McKim Communications Group is a long-time tenant and one of the building owners. The agency uses about 10,000 sq. ft. of the space it owns in the building, and is hoping to find commercial tenants to buy or lease the remaining 9,000 sq. ft. (URL is www.mckimbuilding.com )
Other building tenants include Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers, Winnipeg Folk Festival, and Across the Board Café.
Read about the news stories in the Winnipeg Free Press, the Winnipeg Sun, ChrisD.ca or on the CBC Manitoba website.
McKim Communications Group Ltd. serves international, national and regional clients including regional and federal Crown corporations, post-secondary education institutions, governments, not-for-profits and private sector companies. The agency has won numerous local, national and international awards for its work and has offices in Winnipeg and Regina. McKim opened in 1889 and is Canada’s first advertising agency. www.mckimcg.ca